Google is the premier search engine for online users. More than 70% of all users trust Google to serve up the best content based on the search intent.
In order to rank on Google, you will need to submit your website's sitemap to be indexed. This allows bots, also known as crawlers, to crawl your website pages and landing pages and record the content to be displayed in search results.
Research and developing a simple search engine optimization strategy for your website will impact your search engine rankings. Start with learning "what SEO is and how it works".
Best SEO practices recommend this important step. If your website is not submitted to Google, you're more than likely not going to rank well...
Here are the steps to add your website to Google Search Console
- 1.Sign in to Google Search Console
- 2.On the left hand side, click "Add a property" at the bottom
- 3.Enter your website URL and click "Continue"
- 4.Choose your option to Verify ownership of the domain
- -HTML file
- -HTML tag (recommended)
- -Google Analytics (recommended)
- Google Tag Manager
- Domain name provider
- After selecting your option and completing the step, return to Google Search Console and click "Verify"
Here are the steps to submit your website sitemap to Google
- Login to Google Search Console
- On the left hand sidebar, select your website
- Under "Index" click on "Sitemaps"
- Add a new sitemap by entering your sitemap url
- This will more than likely be - https://yoururl.com/sitemap.xml
- Click submit
- Verify that the sitemap was accepted by looking under Status