Adding Users to Google Services
Google offers a variety of products and services for individuals and businesses. Two of the core products we work with are 1) Google Analytics and 2) Google Search Console. Often times we are asked by clients, "how do I add a user to Google Analytics and/or Google Search Console?"
How to add a user to Google Analytics
- Login to Google Analytics
- On the bottom left corner of your screen, click the cog wheel with "Admin" next to it.
- In the left column, "Account", click "User Management"
- At the top right of your screen, click the blue "+" sign
- Next enter the email address of the person or company you are wanting to add to your Google Analytics account.
- Choose the permissions for the user by clicking the boxes to the right.
- Finally, in the top right of your screen, click the blue "Add" button.
How to add a user to Google Search Console
- Login to Google Search Console
- In the left menu, click "Settings"
- Under the Property Settings, click "Users and permissions"
- In the top right of your screen, click the blue button "Add User"
- A pop-up form will appear, enter the email address and choose the permissions from the drop menu.
- Finally, click "Add"
With both services an email will be sent to the user notifying them of their access to either service.